We all know that your potential customers look at your website before they make contact with your company. But did you know that nearly 60% of the purchase decision-making process is completed before customers make their first contact with you?*
Today’s customers browse websites, turn to their social media networks, and read, listen and watch readily available digital content. This begs the question: Is your online presence doing its job?
Although these statistics are based on average buyers and will vary by industry, customers and other factors, they are not to be taken lightly. More than ever, your online presence must do an excellent job of helping potential customers want to engage with your company. It’s your silent, 24/7 sales force (well, unless you have a video).
Start With The Basics
There are endless ways to create an outstanding and results-producing online presence. It may seem daunting. The truth is, many companies leave the basics behind as they chase after the “next big thing” in digital marketing. Yet taking care of the basics is often enough to attract potential customers and outperform the competition.
Consider these 7 questions:
- Do your online properties send a message that you are a professional and established organization? (website, social media platforms, blog, etc.)
- Is your Unique Selling Proposition clearly stated on the website?
- Does your website communicate trust and credibility?
- Does your website follow best practices in conversion rate optimization?
- Is your website mobile-friendly?
- Is your website optimized for search engines?
- Is your digital content compelling enough to rise above the noise (clear, insightful, professional)?
Got your basics covered? Good. It’s time to take your online presence up a notch, but that’s a topic for another day.